First things first – Stephen Covey would have preached, put first things first.
Well your morning is the first thing you can put first and I make it a non-negotiable part of my routine. Doing something for yourself by yourself to start your day. How many people wake up groggy, or on the other side of the bed as we have often felt.
Here are my 3 tips for perking your self up for your day.
- Start with something for yourself
- are you working on fitness, start with a green drink
- are you working on a book, then start with writing
- are you trying to manage change or stress, then start with mindfulness or meditation
- are you feeling lonely, start with a light convo with a great friend and schedule it in
- are you feeling overwhelmed, start with breathing exercising, a mantra, a self -hypnosis script
For more tips on productivity, check these out later.
2. Work it out and Get the Heart Rate Up Up Up
“Move about” within your morning routine, brings forth clarity and better problem-solving skills. The energy from exercise helps us to be more engaged and focused on the moment, one of the key tenets of building a successful lifestyle.
Jane Travis says Move, in this article because she knows the word “Exercise” is associated with some monotonous workout regime. Check out her article here. Your Morning Routine
3. Start with the Most Difficult Task and Get it Out of the Way
If we start off our day by knocking off the most important task, we would feel a great sense of achievement. This works best if we start off with something pleasurable as discussed in tips 1 and 2.
Do you know how to set priorities? Are you following a successful routine and would like to share it?
Or would you like to reach out and share your dilemmas about getting your morning routine to work for you, and transform your day? Reach out to us and subscribe for more information.
Here are some extra tips for those of you who are at work, and hoping to manage change better.